At Green Lanes, we take looking after our school, local community and planet seriously. We enjoy it and have a dedicated team of KS2 children, teachers and helpers who meet regularly and put their own ideas into action.
At Green Lanes we celebrate the things that we, as a school, already do to help our school, community and planet and highlight what we can start doing or do even better.
Our biggest aim is to become an accredited Eco-school!
So, what do we do really well?
- We think that we keep our school litter free, clean and tidy
- We use paper in any way we can so that we reduce the amount of paper we are throwing away. Teachers even print on both sides of the paper!
- We try to turn the lights off when leaving a room when no one else is using it to save electricity
- We walk to school when possible and record this using travel tracker
- We have designed our own eco-code for all to see and use
What can we do better?
- Remember to turn the computers, iPads and interactive screens off in the classrooms at break and lunch times to save even more energy
- We can close doors and always turn taps off to save energy and water
- We can recycle
- We can reuse
- We can create habitats for wildlife to live in within our school grounds
- We can care and look after nature within our school grounds
- We can use nature in our school grounds to learn from